We're very proud that this coach training course meets the standards required for schools to successfully achieve the Coaching Quality Mark Accreditation, and your learning can also be used towards a Masters degree via Edge Hill University's RP(E)L system.
Coaching Quality Mark™
The Coaching Quality Mark is for schools, academies, colleges and universities that are committed to using coaching to support staff & student achievement.
Meeting the success criteria of the Coaching Quality Mark proves that you’re using coaching in school effectively and it also gives you the opportunity to gain local and national recognition for the outstanding coaching work going on in your school.
When you register for this Coaching Mark it enables you to develop an effective coaching culture, strengthen your coaching impact and gain local and national recognition for top quality education coaching practice. Organisations who successfully achieve this award will be seen as a centre of excellence for coaching in education.
The Coaching Quality Mark supports the delivery of government targets and agendas such as GCSE pass rates, Progress 8, Behaviour & Attendance, ECM, Inclusion and SEN as well as National College programmes (eg OTP, ITP, NPQH, NPQML, NPQSL, NLE, SLE etc)
This award also complements “Teaching School” criteria, the Professional Standards for Teachers, Ofsted & Estyn recommendations, Investors in People, and other national awards and provides ongoing evidence relevant to your school’s optional Self Evaluation Form (SEF) and Ofsted inspection.
RPL for Graduates (people with a degree)
- Enrol & apply for Recongnition of Prior [Experiential] Learning ("RP[E]L") by submitting a portfolio of evidence & reflective piece of writing showing how this training has had a sustained impact on your professional practice
- Forms & a writing framework to help you are online for you
- Complete more modules with Edge Hill via distance learning
- When you have 60 credits you can exit with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education at Masters Level OR complete more modules to gain the 120 credits required for a Diploma in Education
- You can exit at this stage or continue to gain the full 180 credits for the award of MA in Education by doing a Practice-Based Impact Project worth 60 credits
Edge Hill’s innovative MA Education is impact-led, flexible and personalised to your individual professional needs so you can easily make your writing 100% relevant to your role & the MA Award Title that you’d like! If you've already got Masters credits with a different university you can apply to transfer these free of charge so that they count towards your MA in Education with Edge Hill.